For anon who wanted an Inception/TDKR crossover fic. Of course it’s incomplete—of course!—but here’s the first chapter.
Pairings: Arthur x Eames; Bane x John
Tags: Alpha/Omega verse; inspired by Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Tale
The sharp click of Arthur’s boots echoed off the expansive penthouse walls as the afternoon sun shined brightly over Gotham.
His uncle’s policemen scattered when he turned each corner and a guard trailed carefully behind, but he barely noticed. He was looking for John.
He was pissed, and long past losing his patience. If he couldn’t find his brother in the next four seconds, he was going to punch the guard out.
He stopped short when he passed the open door of the study housing all their family’s war heirlooms. The guard nearly walked into his back. Arthur sighed irritably, his brow arched in question at the incompetent man.
When the nervous guard muttered an apology and stepped back, Arthur turned to his brother, shutting the study door behind him for blessed privacy.
John sat on a windowsill in the corner, with a helmet from an ancient suit of armor in his lap. He was looking out over the city with longing.
It gave Arthur a bit of pause. He was hoping his temper could have helped propel him through this conversation, but… the very last thing he wanted to see after such a terrible morning was the reaction he knew his younger brother was sure to have when he received the news.
Arthur cleared his throat and toyed with a cufflink as he walked over.
John still had yet to look up at Arthur leaning on the wall, his arms crossed as if John were in trouble for something. “Are you going to tell me to stop getting fingerprints all over uncle Peter’s precious collection or…” He was surprised when Arthur picked up a gauntlet and held it to his chest, mirroring him. “So the meeting didn’t go so good, huh?”
Arthur gazed out over the city. Smoke plumes were still rising up in clusters here and there, peeking up between skyscrapers. Bane and his men were getting close. It would be any day now.
In which Bane kind of misunderstands how Valentines Day works ^^ for Mel
Hi, anon. The only fics that I can think of right now are No Holds Barred by the fantastically talented Whiskyrunner and Behind the Mask by the ever so brilliant OneWhoSitsWithTurtles. I will try and find some others though and post a list as soon as I can.
Bane x John Blake fic rec UPDATED
One shots and drabbles
- Untitled mpreg fic by anon
- Untitled mpreg fic by anon
- Proved only by giving by sibilantly
- Drabble by sibilantly - Bane asking for John’s hand.
- Broken Reflection by mjnobody - mirror sex, PWP.
- Returning the Favor by smugrobotics - oral sex with chocolates.
- Unfamiliar Customs by smugrobotics - valentine’s day
- Lesson Learned by OneWhoSitsWithTurtles - Bane spanks John.
- Freely Given Kisses by the_fire_rises (camelonajourney) - Bane finds new ways to kiss Blake.
Multi-chapter and WIPs
- John is sent to the pit, where Bane is.
- Talia brings Bane a gift in the form of fiery detective John Blake, intending to watch Bane break him. But Bane ends up liking John for his spirit.
- John is captured by Bane’s men and drugged to serve Bane sexually. Feelings develop.
- John always struggled with being a good beta, but it wasn’t until he was imprisoned by Bane did he discover his true omega nature.
- Werewolf/soulbonding AU. During a fight, Bane touches John and discovers he is his mate. Now John has to deal with being bonded to Bane and being a newly turned werewolf.
- Werewolves a/b/o AU. A feral pack takes John, a lone wolf in.
- Once John thought Bruce Wayne was his soulmate, but he is wrong.
- John Blake is a junior athletic trainer for the Gotham City Rogues, and midseason someone is traded to their team, Bane.
- Blake goes to a biker bar that he frequents whenever he gets the itch to be used by someone bigger and stronger than him.This time, he finds Bane.
Touchstone, Command, and Pivot by Sibilant (NC-17)
- Bane/Nightwing hate sex.
- Basically, Bane humiliates John by peeing on him infront of his men, claiming John as his.
- John is imprisoned by Bane and used and broken.
- John plays a gay rent boy to get information on the missing orphans.
- John Blake suffers an aphrodisiac effect from Poison Ivy’s kiss, but the last person he expects to encounter in his “state” is Bane.
- John is knocked up by Bane.
- John is imprisoned by Bane and during their time together, they become closer.
- Sequel to Behind the Mask. Together, Bane and John struggle to discover what is hidden beneath their masks and find out where they belong in the world.
- When Bane sees John smiling at an unknown woman, he feels the need to remind John just who he belongs to.
A Fire Rises by whalebarf (NC-17)
- This is a short porny fic centering around Bane’s desire for John.
Art by ohiloveslash.
It doesn’t matter who we are… what matters is our plan…
This sentence tells a lot about Bane. A true megalomaniac would have said, “It doesn’t matter who I am; what matters is my plan.” But with this one sentence, we know Bane is more devoted to an ideal (and later we discover part of that ideal is Talia) than to any of his own interests. He also could have left this dangerous operation to his underlings, but instead he chooses to put himself in peril in order to ensure the success of the plan.
John sat on the roof, his shoulders hunched with the cold, staring at the newly mended Bat-Signal. He sighed, shaking his head, sadly, trying to remember Bruce as he was, and not that he died trying to save Gotham from the man who John had fallen in love with.
"I thought I’d find you here."
John jumped, stiffening when he recognised the voice. He hadn’t heard Bane approaching.
"I wanted to be alone."
Ignoring the obvious hint to leave, Bane settled down beside John, silent and unspeaking. John knew that Bane wouldn’t leave without him, and that if he wanted the deafening silence between them to break, he would have to break it himself.
"Why are you here?" He asked, sharply. He knew he was being unnecessarily rude, but he couldn’t help it. This was one night, just one, that he wanted to spend remembering his friend without Bane there, and the muscled man just had to encroach on it.
Do you accept this man’s resignation?! Do you accept the resignations of all these liars?! Of all the corrupt?!
Over the course of their relationship, while Gotham was still terrorised by Bane and his men, John and Bane shared four different kisses. Their first kiss was instigated by Bane himself, although John didn’t recognise it as such for a long time.
Captured by Barsad, John had expected to meet his end long before the bomb went off. Particularly when he found out that Bane wanted to meet him personally. But everything changed when he first laid eyes on the enormous man.
Over the years, since he was first put into care, John had grown quite skilled at reading people, finding their masks so to speak. It was how he’d immediately known that Bruce was Batman. It was how he knew of Bane’s misguided loyalty to Talia, although he didn’t actually know who to.
Thrown to his knees at Bane’s feet, John spat at Barsad. “I thought you were taking me to see the person in charge.”
Bane loomed over him, threateningly, picking John up off the floor. “I am the man in charge.”